Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cannonballer's Race Shop

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
JAG
DCi MVP
DCi MVP
JAG

Male Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2007-06-21

Cannonballer's Race Shop Empty
PostSubject: Cannonballer's Race Shop   Cannonballer's Race Shop Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 7:20 am

Cannonballer's Race Shop WidenoseMC
Cannonballer's Race Shop WidenoseMC2
Cannonballer's Race Shop WidenoseMC3
Cannonballer's Race Shop Speedevil_6
Cannonballer's Race Shop Evil_int_2

You can't really see it, but the knobs on the radio and heater controls are 3d, not textures.
Cannonballer's Race Shop Dashcloseup

Cannonballer's Race Shop CBRV81

More to come, keep watchin'!!
Back to top Go down
Draeghonov
Founder
Founder
Draeghonov

Male Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Cannonballer's Race Shop   Cannonballer's Race Shop Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 9:34 pm

I've said it before, and I'll say it again:

Your texturizing skills are off the hook!!!!!
I know you're watching this topic too, Raxat, so:
Will there be room left for Jag's modifications for the MC?
I mean: this mod is something that I'm waiting for!!!!

Keep it up Jag, I'll keep my eye out on this topic!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://dci-team.yoo7.com
JAG
DCi MVP
DCi MVP
JAG

PostSubject: Re: Cannonballer's Race Shop   Cannonballer's Race Shop Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 1:00 am

Thanks man. Yeah, I'm picky about details, I can't stand the standard textures used on original SLRR cars. They're pretty cheesy, so I had to make good textures for the Speedevil.

I got more plans for the MC. I'm going to make the headlights 3d. I did it once before, but they didn't turn out so great. I also started working on the "stripped interior" for it. Right now it's using the chassis texture, which actually looks kinda realistic, but you know me, it's not good enough. The original dash will be used, since TransAm racers from the 60s-70s mostly had stripped interiors with the stock dash still in place.

They also mostly used stock hoods, but I think I'll make a cowl induction-style hood anyway, using hood_3, since it's already got a hole in it.

I'm also thinking about making side exit exhaust pipes too, not sure yet.

As for textures, I'll probably modify the gauges texture, and improve the interior texture, so it looks like a gutted interior, for use with the new interior mesh.

Also, what is the stock specular levels for the body meshes? I can't remember.
Back to top Go down
Draeghonov
Founder
Founder
Draeghonov

PostSubject: Re: Cannonballer's Race Shop   Cannonballer's Race Shop Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 1:24 am

Gr8 news!!! can't wait!!!

as for specular level:
Cannonballer's Race Shop Specul10

there ya go!!
member NIX showed me on PROMODS, so all credit goes to him for showing me!!!

I know: it's getting corny, but: love your work bro!!! keep it up!
Back to top Go down
JAG
DCi MVP
DCi MVP
JAG

PostSubject: Re: Cannonballer's Race Shop   Cannonballer's Race Shop Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 7:22 am

Sweet, thanks!

Lol, nah, not too corny. Who doesn't like getting their ego boosted?
Back to top Go down
JAG
DCi MVP
DCi MVP
JAG

PostSubject: Re: Cannonballer's Race Shop   Cannonballer's Race Shop Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 6:20 am

Draeghonov wrote:

I know you're watching this topic too, Raxat, so:
Will there be room left for Jag's modifications for the MC?

If there's a chance of that actually happening, then I definitely won't continue the "stripped interior" chassis. I'll just make the body panels.

This is what it looks like so far.
Cannonballer's Race Shop MCstrippedinterior

I don't think I'll bother finishing it. I'd have to make some interior side panels below the dash, and behind the doors that extend to a rear wall between the interior and trunk that I'd also have to make. And I really don't feel like doing it, lol. So I think I'll just do the hood, rollcage, exh. pipes, and 3d headlights and call it done.

Then again, I just thought of a way I might be able to get around making new panels... I'll have to try it out tomorrow, it's after 11pm right now. Time for bed.
Back to top Go down
RAXAT
Special Admin
Special Admin

Male Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2007-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Cannonballer's Race Shop   Cannonballer's Race Shop Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 10:55 pm

Of course i can include MC modifications, you shouldn't stop working with this chassis since stripped out stuff is a good point to add some crazy audio system to it Smile plus this chassis will be lighter than usual one, so it may become some very wild version of MC.
Back to top Go down
Draeghonov
Founder
Founder
Draeghonov

PostSubject: Re: Cannonballer's Race Shop   Cannonballer's Race Shop Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 10:57 pm

YEEEEEEEEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now get your ass back to work JAG Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JAG
DCi MVP
DCi MVP
JAG

PostSubject: Re: Cannonballer's Race Shop   Cannonballer's Race Shop Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 11:11 pm

OH HELLZ YEAH!!!

Ok, I'll get my ass back to work. While I was typing up my reply last night, I thought of a way to get around modeling some parts of the interior, so I'll have to try that out.
I think I'll leave it textured like that though. After looking at it again, it looks pretty cool like that. But I'll still have to get it ingame to make sure it looks good.

Last night I was looking for some pics for the 3d headlight texture, and came across a pretty cool tut on making realistic headlight textures. So I just had to try it out! So, for your viewing pleasure:

Cannonballer's Race Shop 3dlightexperiment

It's not final, just a test to see how it looks. I'm not totally satisfied with it, so I'll mess with it some more, then see how it looks ingame. I need to get the reflector more chrome than it is, but I'm not sure how to do that. My chrome always ends up looking like polished white plastic ingame. scratch
Back to top Go down
Draeghonov
Founder
Founder
Draeghonov

PostSubject: Re: Cannonballer's Race Shop   Cannonballer's Race Shop Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 1:06 am

It's looking quite good actually!
I'm struggeling as it is with my 3d headlights for the spider...
Not that I can't make them, it's just hoe to get them textured the right way, so that they show up ingame.

I succeed in texturizing the seperate glass area, but the inner housing fails.

I think a tutorial might help! Wink
We have a tutorial section, it has only 1 in it, so there's room for more!
Back to top Go down
JAG
DCi MVP
DCi MVP
JAG

PostSubject: Re: Cannonballer's Race Shop   Cannonballer's Race Shop Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 1:48 am

Yeah, my last 3d MC headlights looked like sh*t. The lens came out barely transparent, and a dull off-white color, no reflection at all, even tho it had it in MAX, and the loading order was right.

Hehe, if I put the headlight texture in as a bump map too, it looks like lumpy glass, lol.

Well, my idea for the interior worked. I only have one side done so far, I'll get the other side done, then show some pics. Then I'll do the back wall and rear dash (or package shelf, parcel tray, whatever it's called) The interior really looks cool at the rear where the taillight buckets are. I might have to modify the taillight meshes, if they poke thru, that is.

Well, back to work!

EDIT: Finished the other side. Worked beautifully. I won't go into detail about what I did, let's just say I moved and welded some vertices. Next step is to finish the rear of the interior, then add the dash back in (the easiest part, lol). Then it's off to make a new gauges texture, complete with some good old fashioned Auto Meter Pro Comp gauges. affraid

Cannonballer's Race Shop MCstrippedinterior2

BTW: I'm listening to Anthrax's cover of Metallica's Phantom Lord. This is what I'm doing: bounce
Back to top Go down
JAG
DCi MVP
DCi MVP
JAG

PostSubject: Re: Cannonballer's Race Shop   Cannonballer's Race Shop Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 6:45 am

Ok, new gauge texture, I used AutoMeter Designer Black instead, Pro Comp's have a bright silver bezel, which was too much of a pain to try and separate from the white background in the pics. I tried to improve the dash, but it still looks like ass. The gauges do too, just a little.

Cannonballer's Race Shop MCstrippedinterior3

See what I mean? The textures actually looked better than that in PSP-XI. I might use png format instead. It doesn't destroy the quality like dds does.

So that's my progress for tonight, I'm done till tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
JAG
DCi MVP
DCi MVP
JAG

PostSubject: Re: Cannonballer's Race Shop   Cannonballer's Race Shop Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2007 4:45 am

Ok, what the hell, I'll triple post, lol.

I redid the textures. The dash's is now twice as big, and I improved a few parts I didn't like. I may completely remove the 3 "vents" in the center. I just can't get them look like I want, so I think they'll just disappear.

The gauges texture's "brushed aluminum" panel is improved, and the gauges themselves are now Autometer Carbon Fiber series. I also added turn signal indicators to their texture.

The pic below doesn't do it justice, it's much nicer in the actual render it's from.

Cannonballer's Race Shop MCstrippedinterior4
Back to top Go down
Draeghonov
Founder
Founder
Draeghonov

PostSubject: Re: Cannonballer's Race Shop   Cannonballer's Race Shop Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2007 8:39 am

man, that dash is improving everytime you show it!
maybe if you'd make 3 cylinders and the texturize the airvents, will that get them right?
Back to top Go down
JAG
DCi MVP
DCi MVP
JAG

PostSubject: Re: Cannonballer's Race Shop   Cannonballer's Race Shop Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2007 2:54 am

Yeah, that would work, but remember, this is supposed to be a stripped interior, so it shouldn't have more goodies than the original MC interior, lol. That's why I said I might just remove them, like it was a heater delete car.

The rollcage is complete, and I must say, it looks AWESOME, even tho I made it from scratch, lol. Also did some minor remapping of the chassis. Nothing major, just some parts that weren't mapped right. No pics, since I'm on my mother-in-law's pc, not mine, but after Wednesday, I'll post em.
Back to top Go down
Draeghonov
Founder
Founder
Draeghonov

PostSubject: Re: Cannonballer's Race Shop   Cannonballer's Race Shop Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2007 6:35 pm

can't wait bro!!!
looking forward to the pics!
Back to top Go down
bliksniukas
sitemember
sitemember

Male Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Cannonballer's Race Shop   Cannonballer's Race Shop Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2007 9:03 pm

Smile nice car man..i like car textures and engine sweet to ;] can wait then see more pic..keep going!!
Back to top Go down
JAG
DCi MVP
DCi MVP
JAG

PostSubject: Re: Cannonballer's Race Shop   Cannonballer's Race Shop Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 9:43 pm

Finally, the JAG has come back!! To D C I!!!

If ya smeeeeeeeeeellllllll...what the JAG...is...cookin'.

Lol, anyways, progress report time.

I dropped the 3d headlights. No matter what I did, I couldn't get them to look right at all.

But I did get all the parts ingame. I replaced originals just so I could see how they looked. Pretty damn badass, if I do say so myself. Razz

I made the rollcage part of the chassis, instead of it's own part so it would look right when you crash, but I may change that. It screws up the mapping of the rest of the chassis that makes placing decals neatly impossible. They go all over. But the rollcage does look awesome. Big beefy tubes that even go into the engine bay and trunk.

The hood looks pretty good. It's not exactly what I had in mind, but it looks good, so I'm happy with it.

No ingame pics yet, but I'll get them posted later!
Back to top Go down
Draeghonov
Founder
Founder
Draeghonov

PostSubject: Re: Cannonballer's Race Shop   Cannonballer's Race Shop Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 10:12 pm

damnit man!!!! you're creating a tension here!!!
that's goooooooooooood!!!
now i really cant wait bro!!!!
btw: good 2 have u back!!!
Back to top Go down
JAG
DCi MVP
DCi MVP
JAG

PostSubject: Re: Cannonballer's Race Shop   Cannonballer's Race Shop Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 11:32 pm

Good to be back.

Tension huh? Well this oughta fix that:

Cannonballer's Race Shop Mc_ing10

Pic's a little pixeled out, I resized it some in PSP. But it's good enough to see the MC in all it's glory.

BTW: Gnizado's 21x15-WIDE wheels fit nicely. The only others that fit are the 15x15 drag rims and the matching 405 tires, but they look goofy.
Back to top Go down
Draeghonov
Founder
Founder
Draeghonov

PostSubject: Re: Cannonballer's Race Shop   Cannonballer's Race Shop Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 12:24 am

holy fucking crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
that is what i call TOP-NOTCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
just awesome bro!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
JAG
DCi MVP
DCi MVP
JAG

PostSubject: Re: Cannonballer's Race Shop   Cannonballer's Race Shop Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 3:14 am

Thanks man, really means alot.

The roll cage will have to be separate from the chassis, so I'll make a _phys mesh for it. Otherwise it will look really stupid in a crash. The car will be all smashed up, but the cage will be perfectly fine. It would be easier to have it part of the chassis, but like I said before, it screws up the decals when you apply them. Besides, having it as a separate part will allow it to be painted a different color than the rest of the car.

One bug I'll have to fix is the fenders peek thru the interior in a couple places, so I gotta tweak the mesh a little in those areas.

I forgot to mention that I made the edge of the front spoiler (splitter, whatever) and rear wind alot bigger than they were. Looks more aggressive.

BTW: Should I add a fuel cell in the trunk, or would that be too much? Personally I think it would look good...

LOL, I just noticed that it will be extremely difficult to add oil to the engine, look at the 4th pic.
Back to top Go down
Draeghonov
Founder
Founder
Draeghonov

PostSubject: Re: Cannonballer's Race Shop   Cannonballer's Race Shop Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 10:09 pm

ahahah!
yeah, that would be difficult!
BTW: how in the world can I, as an admin, not point out the details in your mod?>!?!?!?!?
Thing is, that the "suspension holder" you've made is absolutely perfect!
Gees, I can't just post: wow, awesome, and that's it...
Man, looking at all the pics, made me start up SLRR, get the MC and compare!
The widefront really looks the bizz in your pics!
Having a wide rearend, just doesn't cut it!
The wide front you've done completes the car!
great work!!!
Back to top Go down
JAG
DCi MVP
DCi MVP
JAG

PostSubject: Re: Cannonballer's Race Shop   Cannonballer's Race Shop Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 2:31 am

Hehe, thanks man.

Yeah, I was looking at the rollcage and saw the springs just sticking out there "attached" to nothing, and thought it would be nice to add some mounts onto the roll cage. Looks great, and it's also why I made the cage a part of the chassis. But, if the cage is a separate part, without it installed the springs will be floating again. Which is why I'm still debating making it a separate part. scratch

I'll have to get a render of the cage by itself so you can see it in all it's glory. It is a sight to behold. Razz

I never liked the engine position in the MC. I always scripted it back towards the firewall, like it would be in a real car. Cuz in reality, the engine itself isn't centered over the front wheels, it's No.1 cylinder is.
Back to top Go down
JAG
DCi MVP
DCi MVP
JAG

PostSubject: Re: Cannonballer's Race Shop   Cannonballer's Race Shop Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2007 9:23 am

Well, it's 2am and I finally get the PC from my wife. She's been on it since 11am yesterday. Well, off and on. And I finally fixed her car. One of the gas tank straps let loose on it. affraid But all is well now.

Anyways, earlier I was screwin' around in MAX and made a nifty quad cab SuperDuty. No, not like the one Daywhite made. This extended cab has 4 doors, with the rear 2 opening rearward, like Ford and Chevy's ext. cab trucks. I made it so every standard SuperDuty body part except for the side skirts will fit it. Although, I still need to make window openings in the rear doors and the windows for them. I have literally an hour in it, and except for making the sideskirts and windows, finishing the doors, and a pesky mapping problem with the interior, it's done, lol! No pics of it yet, since it probably won't even make it out of MAX unless someone wants it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cannonballer's Race Shop   Cannonballer's Race Shop Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cannonballer's Race Shop
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: mods for SLRR and other games-
Jump to: