Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2.3.1 progress

Go down 
+2
!M$$
Draeghonov
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Draeghonov
Founder
Founder
Draeghonov

Male Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-03-04

2.3.1 progress Empty
PostSubject: 2.3.1 progress   2.3.1 progress Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2007 12:53 pm

OK, as you could read in the news on the main page, I will submit new pics/ progress in this topic.

As for now I have 4 pics, of the 2 complete bodykits that I've done so far.
Don't whine that there are only 2 kits done atm, but realize this:

I couldn't give a fook if there were mesh errors in my OWN mods, but these modifications are for 2.3.1, so: they have to be perfect!!!

Raxat's plan was to make the Focer look more like the Lancer, so when I saw his plan, I immediately rushed myself into this great opportunity!
Thing is: I'm currently working on a Lancer Evo8 to get in-game myself, but I'm struggeling with the scripting for loading order and JAVA's.

So: what else could I do? I already have 5 different bodykits on my pc, and they were getting nowhere... UNTIL NOW!!!
I't really hard modelling existing parts to fit a car that's supposed to look like the real thing...
I had to make my parts fit the car, but still make them recognizable as Lancer parts.

anyways: enough talk!!!

ENJOY THESE PICS!!!
2.3.1 progress Boykit10
2.3.1 progress Boykit11
2.3.1 progress Boykit12
2.3.1 progress Boykit13
Back to top Go down
http://dci-team.yoo7.com
Draeghonov
Founder
Founder
Draeghonov

2.3.1 progress Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2.3.1 progress   2.3.1 progress Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2007 2:05 pm

hehehe::: Shocked
2.3.1 progress Widebo10
Back to top Go down
Draeghonov
Founder
Founder
Draeghonov

2.3.1 progress Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2.3.1 progress   2.3.1 progress Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2007 3:58 pm

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2.3.1 progress Widebo11
Back to top Go down
Draeghonov
Founder
Founder
Draeghonov

2.3.1 progress Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2.3.1 progress   2.3.1 progress Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2007 1:35 pm

OK, the first 2 bodykits are finished!
Here's what they look like with textures:
2.3.1 progress Final_10
2.3.1 progress Final_11
2.3.1 progress Final_12
2.3.1 progress Final_13
Back to top Go down
!M$$
DCi MVP
DCi MVP
!M$$

Male Number of posts : 19
job : Student
hobby : computers, bikes, quads and stuff..
Registration date : 2007-04-06

2.3.1 progress Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2.3.1 progress   2.3.1 progress Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2007 2:42 pm

affraid AWESOME!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Draeghonov
Founder
Founder
Draeghonov

2.3.1 progress Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2.3.1 progress   2.3.1 progress Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2007 2:51 pm

thanks!
I hope Raxat will have no problems with meshes and stuff when he puts these kits in-game for the new patch!

BTW:

I will post pics soon of my progrss on my mufflers for slrr 2.3.1!
Back to top Go down
!M$$
DCi MVP
DCi MVP
!M$$

2.3.1 progress Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2.3.1 progress   2.3.1 progress Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 11:37 am

Draeghonov wrote:

I will post pics soon of my progrss on my mufflers for slrr 2.3.1!

that's something i could do too... oh well. wanna see what you can come up with afro
Back to top Go down
Draeghonov
Founder
Founder
Draeghonov

2.3.1 progress Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2.3.1 progress   2.3.1 progress Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 1:17 am

mufflers I will show at a later time.
But for now, I will show you all some renders I made from my SuperDuty project.

I don't know If Raxat wants a redo on the SuperDuty project, but I wanna do this myself, so if it isn't going to be for 2.3.1, then I can always release the set as an add on for LE.

So, the pics:
2.3.1 progress Rollca11
2.3.1 progress Rollca12
2.3.1 progress Rollca13
2.3.1 progress Rollca14
Back to top Go down
JAG
DCi MVP
DCi MVP
JAG

Male Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2007-06-21

2.3.1 progress Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2.3.1 progress   2.3.1 progress Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 7:51 am

Holy freakin crap. Is that a pre-runner style you're goin for? Woohoo, baja racing in SLRR!
Back to top Go down
Draeghonov
Founder
Founder
Draeghonov

2.3.1 progress Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2.3.1 progress   2.3.1 progress Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 6:18 pm

YUP!

I hope I can post new updates tonight!
I wanna have a bja-mod, so that's hy I started this thing!
Back to top Go down
!M$$
DCi MVP
DCi MVP
!M$$

2.3.1 progress Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2.3.1 progress   2.3.1 progress Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 6:30 pm

Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation WOW that thing look WICKED Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Suspect
Back to top Go down
Draeghonov
Founder
Founder
Draeghonov

2.3.1 progress Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2.3.1 progress   2.3.1 progress Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 10:26 pm

hmmm...

in 3dsmax the car looks ok I guess, but in-game.......AWEFUL!
now I remember why I NEVER use the superduty: it's ugly as FOOK!
here's some pics of it, as it looks now, but I still ahve to script the rollbar lights into place:
2.3.1 progress Sd110
2.3.1 progress Sd210
2.3.1 progress Sd310

i think I'm gonna do a total chassis redesign!
once again: I dunno if Raxat fancies the idea of a totally renewed Superduty, but I'll get in touch wiyh him ASAP, when I have chassis done.
Back to top Go down
Draeghonov
Founder
Founder
Draeghonov

2.3.1 progress Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2.3.1 progress   2.3.1 progress Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2007 7:48 pm

OK, it's been a while...
I haven't had a lot of time this week, and the next week will be hardly better...
But:
I can give a hint or two as to where I wanna go with SD!
My thought: make the loadbed a seperate part, so that we can have a "bare" chassis for BAJA-parts.
SO: then I'd have to redesign chassis, remove parts, and attach parts to others...

-HUH?!-

simple: attach innerquarter panels to normal outer quarterpanels. This will make the quarter panels a bit bigger, but leaves more room for modifying the base chassis, in order to have even more BAJA-parts.

Maybe it's a wiser idea to have 2 chassis in game, but I will let Raxat be the judge of that!

The idea for lighter chassis becomes clear when you see the SD chassis without the loading bed: the front end is WAY tooooooo heavy!

I have to admit that I'm kinda running out of ideas at the moment, but maybe this weekend I can have a focussed moment or two.
the pics:

BTW: I haven't texturized the thing correct, so chassis looks awful! But the specular level thing is really showing good!

2.3.1 progress Sd111
2.3.1 progress Sd211
2.3.1 progress Sd311
2.3.1 progress Sd410
Back to top Go down
!M$$
DCi MVP
DCi MVP
!M$$

2.3.1 progress Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2.3.1 progress   2.3.1 progress Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2007 1:48 am

hmm.... looks ok.... just smack some bad-ass textures on it, wrap some bodywork around the rear and make it decalable. bounce

why? rabbit

COS I CAN'T WAIT TO COVER THAT THINGY IN SPONSOR STCKERS! lol!
Back to top Go down
Draeghonov
Founder
Founder
Draeghonov

2.3.1 progress Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2.3.1 progress   2.3.1 progress Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2007 1:54 am

YEAH!!!!!

That IS the idea! Who can imagine a BAJA racer WITHOUT decals?!?!?!?!?!?
You're 300% right!

Anyways, I've heard from Raxat and: THE ROLLBAR IS GOOD TO GO!!!!!!
Some adjustments have to be made, but that will not be mutch, yay!

The other thing: Raxat agrees on how superduty looks, I won't tell what he told me, so you'll have to wait for his progress pics...

So: to me, there are 2 things to do:
-make complete BAJA-racer kit,
-make new street-look kit.

and yes, I have a pic of the street version, at least, of the front bumper.
I don't know if I have to make the grill see-through, but I think it already looks "good to go"!

So: c&c's please!
2.3.1 progress Sd_fb_10
Back to top Go down
Draeghonov
Founder
Founder
Draeghonov

2.3.1 progress Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2.3.1 progress   2.3.1 progress Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2007 6:55 pm

just a small update:

the textures that are shown in ALL projects from now on for 2.3.1, are NOT the texture that will appear in the patch!
Raxat is going to update ALL textures, so my texture will only be there to give an idea of how things will look...

Anyways, I've started on the rear end of SD for BAJA, it's only 20% done I guess, but it shows which way I'm heading...

2.3.1 progress Baja_110
2.3.1 progress Baja_210
2.3.1 progress Baja_310
Back to top Go down
!M$$
DCi MVP
DCi MVP
!M$$

2.3.1 progress Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2.3.1 progress   2.3.1 progress Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 1:01 pm

Looking nice so far... btw gona put a spare tire mesh or two to the back? Laughing

Last edited by on Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Draeghonov
Founder
Founder
Draeghonov

2.3.1 progress Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2.3.1 progress   2.3.1 progress Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 3:18 pm

I get your idea, but I'm not gonna do that. Thing is, I can pur some bad ass baja spares in there, but that wouldn't be correct if someone'd decide to have low profile tyres on the car. SO what I will do, is edit the cfg, so that spare tyres can be added in the rollcage, so everyone can choose what wheels they want on the thing Wink Does that sound OK?
Back to top Go down
Draeghonov
Founder
Founder
Draeghonov

2.3.1 progress Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2.3.1 progress   2.3.1 progress Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 11:21 pm

Yo everyone!

I have done my 1st/2nd kit for SD!
The 2st kit will be "BAJA"-style, but as far as now, I only have the rollcage; the rear bodywork doesn't seem to look good enough on the SD:(
I will get back to it later this week, but for now, I'm going to perfect the "lowrider" kit for SD.
The skirts are horrible, I know, I have to totally redo them!
The front bumper is 75% done, the rear bumper 50%.
The big problem I have atm, is decability...
Here are the pics (all without decals;))
2.3.1 progress 2_3_0_10
2.3.1 progress 2_3_0_11
2.3.1 progress 2_3_0_12
2.3.1 progress 2_3_0_13
2.3.1 progress 2_3_0_14

-note:-
the shown bumper textures are NOT definitive; Raxat will change textures for 2.3.1 patch!
Back to top Go down
Singh
Special Admin
Special Admin

Male Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-07-02

2.3.1 progress Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2.3.1 progress   2.3.1 progress Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 7:02 am

hey bro, looks great, keep going and make sure not to chew off more than you handle, just stay simple and make sure you know what you can do in the time you have to do it.

Im very proud of your website here, and thank you for not being another GOM clone, Im glad you have unique projects here and probally some unique downloads or at least upcoming downloads Smile

Im glad your working with Raxat as well, just remember how busy this poor guy is and dont rely on him for everything, try to do what you can but always make sure its 100% because 2.3.1 is very important.

Listen I dont know your situation with hosting here but I will host this website without any troubles for you if you ever run into issues with hosting.

You can always contact me on gom-team.com as well. I would love to be active here but you know im very busy and even sometimes too busy to be on GOM every day.

proud of you bro

-Singh
Back to top Go down
!M$$
DCi MVP
DCi MVP
!M$$

2.3.1 progress Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2.3.1 progress   2.3.1 progress Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 9:09 pm

Draeghonov wrote:
I get your idea, but I'm not gonna do that. Thing is, I can pur some bad ass baja spares in there, but that wouldn't be correct if someone'd decide to have low profile tyres on the car. SO what I will do, is edit the cfg, so that spare tyres can be added in the rollcage, so everyone can choose what wheels they want on the thing Wink Does that sound OK?

I was going to say that first.. but then i started to talk about some mesh anyway.

Your idea sounds good but wont the wheels be spinning if you roll over or because of the air resistance? (if there is any lmao)

and if they spin they would stop when braking? Suspect

or can this all be adjusted in the configs? scratch
Back to top Go down
Draeghonov
Founder
Founder
Draeghonov

2.3.1 progress Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2.3.1 progress   2.3.1 progress Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 9:21 pm

there will be no spinning, because the scripts don't have tat option, so all will be good eventually!!!
Back to top Go down
!M$$
DCi MVP
DCi MVP
!M$$

2.3.1 progress Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2.3.1 progress   2.3.1 progress Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 12:04 am

ok great! Smile
Back to top Go down
JAG
DCi MVP
DCi MVP
JAG

Male Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2007-06-21

2.3.1 progress Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2.3.1 progress   2.3.1 progress Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 9:08 am

The SD street kit looks phuckin awesome!! Fits it perfectly, except the side skirts you hate so much. They're not bad, but could be better. Keep workin at it man, looks great!
Back to top Go down
Draeghonov
Founder
Founder
Draeghonov

2.3.1 progress Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2.3.1 progress   2.3.1 progress Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 10:25 am

Thanks JAG!!!
I have redone the front skirts, and I've cleaned up the meshes of the street kit.
Raxat has all the meshes, so the SD is done for my part.
The BAJA mod will only be the rollcage that you've seen on this site.

Thing is: the goal was to have everything IV style. I know, NFS looks great, BUT: if you take a closer look at SLRR graphics, you have to agree that the meshes from the original cars ia a whole different league!!!
Eventhough original brands aren't used, the cars have a unique own identity, and they look pretty slick!
Since I've had the chance to do work for the new patch, I've grown to really like the Focer! It's lines, it's looks, everything! And yes, the handling of the Focer is the best in my opinion from the SLRR cars.

So, when it comes to a BAJA mod, things are different: the basechassis is waaaaay to heavy to accommodate BAJA parts.
The good way to do it, is by completely removing the frontend chassis, having a tubular chassis in stead. Also, the interior needs to be detachable, because BAJA cars don't have an interior...

But: having the SD on the highest set of springs, fat offroad tyres and the rollcage and front bushguard, is a pretty good base to decal it up, and go BAJA-ing!
That way, we'll stay true to IV concept.

PLUS: I have to say that it would take a looooooooong time to complete that mod and get it 100% right.
At the moment, Raxat's having his hands full as it is, and unfortunately I'm nowhere near being a good modeler/scripter/java programmer.
So getting the BAJA thing going would only put more unnessesary pressure on Raxat, and I don't want that!

Fortunately, most reactions I've had on the street version were really good, so that's a real help!

Just to let y'all know:

I've handed over some ideas for the Nonus, and Raxat will let me know about them.
As soon as I hear about the ideas, I'll let you know by posting pics!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

2.3.1 progress Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2.3.1 progress   2.3.1 progress Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2.3.1 progress
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: mods for SLRR and other games-
Jump to: